Saturday, September 15, 2012

The END.



How I have wished to write this email and now that I am writing it, I feel that some part of me is getting separated from me with each word of it. Eagerly, I have waited for this day to arrive, and it has, but the sun isn’t shinning bright.
Such is the human nature, perpetually unfulfilled and inherently pointless. Someone said that nothing is as good as it is before you get it, and I absolutely concur with that. Time after time like seasons we change, our demands change, so do our plans, and our desires…but does anything really matter? I don’t know yet.
All I think is that in the end the gleeful times you shared with friends, some jokes you laughed on, the pleasure of understanding, the consciousness of self-improvement, stretching yourself to the limits, the bliss of helping others, the joy of being important, few shed and unshed tears is what that counts. And all that was plentiful during my stay here and I THANK you all from the depths of my heart for it.
I leave you here with an enigmatic quote by Sir Oscar Wilde, ‘there are only two tragedies of life: one is not getting what you want and second is getting it.’ Good luck.

P.S: Above text is my departing letter to the people of my previous life. 

1 comment:

smriti said...

why does it take a second to say hello and even a life time is shorter to say good bye......